Tools and Technology Training, August 6th, 2018 by Purple Peg and Dyslexia St. Louis: Learning & Advocacy Center
- Purple Peg and Dyslexia St. Louis: Learning & Advocacy Center are hosting John Effinger, Program Coordinator Missouri Assistive Technology on Monday, August 6, 2018. John will speak and demonstrate several assistive technology tools and apps available to help students at home and in the classroom. The evening will also feature a live demo of audiobook apps by St. Charles County Library and Mindplay, an online reading program by Maggie Harr. Click here for more information.
Dyslexia Dash Kansas City, October 6th, 2018
- Kansas City and bistate area will host the IDA Dyslexia Dash on Saturday, October 6, at Roeland Park, KS.
- Dash Flier 2018 Kansas City Dyslexia Dash
Multisensory Math: Strategies for Helping All Students Master Essential Concepts , October 15th-16th, 2018 by Horizon Academy
- Presented by: Marilyn Zecher, M.A., CALT
- Beginning with basic numeracy and quantity awareness, there are specific conceptual horizons which all students must master if they are to succeed in higher math. Place Value, Multiplication/Division and Fractions are historically important content milestones where significant numbers of students struggle. This workshop will offer hands-on, evidence-based strategies for meeting the needs of all students in critical skill areas. One segment will offer strategies for using simple technology to create differentiated instructional materials. The core focus of the workshop will be foundation skills but algebra readiness standards and links to algebraic procedures for early middle school will be addressed and modeled. Participants will leave with ideas for teaching a whole class, a small group or an individual learner especially in focusing on multiplication/division and fractions. The workshop is suitable for those who work with all traditional learners, students with learning disabilities, at risk populations and ELL’s and is most appropriate for K-6 teachers.
- Cost: $500 per participant
- Click here for more info and an application for registration: http://horizon-academy.org/math-training
Dyslexia Dash St. Louis, October 21st, 2018
- St. Louis and bistate area will host the IDA Dyslexia Dash on Sunday, October 21st at Creve Coeur Park. Our theme for the Dash is, “Moving Mountains.” For more information or if you would like to register, please visit, https://runsignup.com/Race/MO/SaintLouis/IDADyslexiaDash5K
- Want to promote your business, check out our business sponsorship opportunities
2018 IDA Annual International Conference, October 24-27, 2018
- IDA’s Annual International Conference is the premier professional development conference dedicated to dyslexia. The conference brings in experts from all over the world to educate attendees on the latest research, remediation, and more.
- The Reading, Literacy & Learning Conference is held for both professionals and families and is attended by some 2,500 teachers, educators, and administrators, reading specialists, researchers, university faculty, psychologists, physicians, tutors, and parents.
- The four-day conference includes the following:
- Four general sessions with keynote speakers
- Full- and half-day pre-conference symposia
- Over 100 sessions
- Exhibit Hall
- Networking opportunities
- Social events
- Visits to local schools
- And much more!
- Click here to receive more information about conference and registration.
IDA/Microsoft Partnership: Dyslexia & Accessibility with Microsoft Product
- Location: Microsoft Store at the Saint Louis Galleria Street
- Join the Kansas-Missouri Branch of the IDA as we partner with Microsoft to present the learning tools Microsoft has available to support students with dyslexia. This event will be an overview of all of the tools present in Microsoft products that you likely already have on your computer. Space is limited to 20 people and is open to teachers, parents and students.
- Dates: Thursday October 25 from 6:30-8pm, Saturday November 3 from 1-3pm, Wednesday November 7 6:30-8pm
Dyslexia Conference, Kansas City, April 4-5, 2019
- Event planning has just begun, please check back here for more information. If interested in advertising or participating in this event please contact us.
Churchill Center and School: Orton-Gillingham (Wilson) 3 Day Introductory Training, Fundations K, 1, and 2 (1-day trainings)
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- November 14-16, 2018 Introductory Wilson Workshop, 4th edition (3-day); prerequisite for further Wilson training
- December 4, 2018 Wilson Fundations Kindergarten Workshop
- December 5, 2018 Wilson Fundations First Grade Workshop
- December 6, 2018 Wilson Fundations Second Grade Workshop
Share this page with your friends…